Wednesday, November 28, 2012

GoPicnic Review

My sister gave me a bunch of these GoPicnic boxed meals and they are sooo cute I thought I'd do a review of one of them.
She gave me 3 different kinds, Sunbutter and Crackers, Hummus, and Crackers, and Black Bean Dip and Plantain Chips. This review is for the Sunbutter and Crackers GoPicnic Box that is Gluten Free, Dairy, Free, and Peanut Free!
 When I first opened the box I wasn't sure what to expect, but then I saw all these single serving packets.
 Not only was there a packet of sunbutter and a packet of crackers, but there was also a bag of seed mix, a fruit snack, and a chocolate chip cookie.
 I've never had sunbutter before (except in a chocolate sunbutter cup candy that I didn't like) so I wasn't sure what to expect. The crackers were Crunchmaster, and they are my all-time favorite crackers... so I knew that even if I didn't like the sunbutter I'd still have the crackers to eat.
 I opened the sunbutter and squeezed some onto the crackers, and boy was it tasty! I prefer the taste of peanut butter and other nut butters, but this is delicious as well... if a little high in calories. The salty crunchy crackers paired well with the smooth nutty flavor of the sunbutter.
 Next I opened the seed and fruit mix. There were sunflower seeds, raisins, chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, and dried mango (I believe, I can't quite remember).
 This was my favorite part of the meal! YUM! I love trail mixes, so I figured this would taste good, but the crunchy seeds, sweet chocolate, and chewy fruit mixed so well together. You can pick pieces of it to eat seperately, or you can pour it into you mouth and enjoy all the flavors and textures together.
I was looking forward to the fruit snack because I usually love these, but I was not a fan of the flavor of this one (Mango? Tropical? Something like that). I kept thinking it tasted a little coconut-y even though I don't believe there was any coconut in it. I was disappointed with it, but it wasn't bad... just not what I was expecting.
For dessert there was a Crunchy Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie. It was certainly crunchy, and it was pretty good, but it wasn't anything to write home about. Great for people with food allergies though.

And after you eat your lunch there is a Sudoku puzzle inside for your entertainment. How thoughtful! I love Sudoku and I had fun playing.
All in all I think this was a pretty good lunch. It was very convenient for me to bring to work and eat throughout the day, and I can see myself bringing these with me on a road trip, traveling, camping, or on a picnic because they do not need to be refrigerated and they are pretty well rounded. Though I'd probably grab a few carrot sticks to add some vegetables as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment