Friday, October 14, 2011

Jack-O-Lantern Bento

I have seen a few Jack-o-lanterns made out of different foods in a lot of bentos lately. Mini peppers, cherry tomatoes, clementines, etc. And Yesterday I saw some clementines at the grocery store, so here is my clementine Jack-o-lantern! I think it's super cute, and I plan on making more of them this month!
This bento was super easy because it was made with mostly leftovers.
  • Italian Green Beans
  • Cauliflower
  • Baby Carrots (I used the carrots to look like a creepy picket fence)
  • Gluten Free Turkey/Beef Meatloaf (I used GF Rolled Oats instead of breadcrumbs)
  • The meatloaf is sitting attop a bed of fresh Spinach
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Ketchup Leaf and a cup of Ketchup for the meatloaf
  • Apple Container filled with I can't Believe it's not Butter spray for the vegetables
  • Jack-O-Lantern Clementine with Leaf Pick
Here is a better view of the Jack-O-Lantern!
It was super easy to make. I just used a sharp paring knife to cut out the face from the clementine peel, and the peel popped right out. I look forward to making more Clementine Jack-O-Lanterns!


5 comments:

  1. AAAAAAH! It came out so cute! LOVE IT! X-D More more more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! This bento would be perfect for this week's Pumpkin theme for Bento of the Week at Bento Blog Network.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! Thank you for letting me know. I hope I still have time to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very cute lunch!! So very, very cute! I would love for you to link up at my TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete