Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Triple Blueberry Pancakes

These Pancakes have Three Times the amount of Regular Blueberry Pancakes.
How could you resist that?
 Plus they are Gluten Free and Vegan and can be made regular as well. Let the Blueberry Lovers rejoice!
First I took about 1/4 Cup of Frozen Wild Blueberries (Unsweetened) and I microwaved them for about 30 seconds to thaw.
I added the wild blueberries (with their juice) to 1/3 cup Gluten Free Pancake Mix and 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce in a bowl...
and I mixed it together with a few Tbsp of Almond Milk until the batter was the consistency I wanted. I love the color, but if that bother's you, then I suggest not adding the blueberry juice from the first step. It'll have much less of a blueberry flavor though.
 I sprayed a pan with nonstick spray and plopped down a spoonful of batter. As the batter cooked on one side, I added a few blueberries and gently pressed them into the uncooked side of the pancake.
 Here is the other side of the pancake. You can see a blueberry peaking through! :)
 Here is the finished pancake resting on a paper towl while I cook the other three pancakes. This recipe makes about 4 pancakes (one serving).
 Here is my plateful of pancakes ready for the third addition of blueberries.
 Here it is topped with Fresh Blueberries. See? It's Triple Blueberry Pancakes. Wild Blueberries and their juice in the batter. Blueberries added while cooking, and fresh blueberries on top.
Now you can top it with whatever you like. Blueberry Syrup might be nice, or regular maple syrup.
Powdered Sugar and Butter would be delicious as well.
But I topped mine with...
 Whipped Cream! Fat Free Whipped Cream to be exact.
Now they are nolonger vegan, but you could use vegan whipped cream if you'd like. Or Maple Syrup, or Blueberry Jam... whatever you desire.
 YUM,The first bite with a little bit of everything in it.
MMMM, I love the way blueberries pop and the juice leaks out when they have been cooked. It definitely adds another dimension to the pancakes, and it adds a yummy sauce to the plate. I mixed the whipped cream with the blueberry juice and used my pancakes to sop it up. Yummy!

I hope you liked my Triple Blueberry Pancakes! And Enjoy some Blueberries this month.
After all July is National Blueberry Month! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment