Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lunchable bentos

You know those horrible lunchable things you can find at the grocery store? I remember begging my mother for them when I was a little kid, and I am so grateful that she only let me have them once in a while, like maybe 1 or 2 a year. I knew kids who brought them in every day. WTF? Do parents know how horrible those things are for their children? I am glad I grew out of the lunchable phase pretty fast, I always brought my lunch to school, and I'm glad my mother helped me pick out some healthy things to eat as well as the other junk that was tossed in too.
Anyway, I was thinking about them recently and I decided to make my own lunchable using much better ingredients and it would actually taste good too. This is what I came up with.
This is for me and my fiance to share, along with the fruit and the water bottles. Great idea for a road trip bento, or a quick snack/lunch while out running errands.

  • Salami Hearts
  • Pepperoni
  • Cheese hearts
  • Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow cheese wedge
  • Whole wheat cracker rounds
  • Kashi Pita crackers
  • Strawberries
  • Peach
  • Water Bottles
Here is a close up of just the lunchable bento.
Since my fiance and I enjoyed our mock lunchable so much, and I still had a bunch of ingredients left, I decided to make us another lunchable bento to share.
  • Salami Stars
  • Pepperoni
  • Cheese flowers
  • Creamy Swiss Laughing Cow cheese wedge
  • Whole wheat cracker rounds
  • Kashi pita crackers
And here is a closeup of this lunchable bento too.

I was thinking of making the mock pizza lunchable too, Those were my favorite as a kid, but this time I'll use real ingredients. Whole wheat pitas, real sauce, real cheese etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment