Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Cooking Goodies

I got some cool cooking gadgets for Christmas this year, and I'm going to post about them here because I'll be making bentos and posting recipies using them in the future. First off I got a Popcorn Popper from my mom. I've wanted an air popper for a long time now because I want to cut out the unneeded oil and salt and enjoy a low calorie, whole grain snack. Plus, you can make so many different flavors instead of just the regular butter microwave stuff.
Here it is in the box. My mom had one when I was very young, and I have wanted one ever since.
It's very simple. Add the popcorn kernels to the popper, plug it in and the popcorn pops and falls into the waiting bowl... no burnt popcorn, no un-popped kernels and no added oil or salt (Unless you add it yourself.)
It's 3 parts, the Base the cover and the measuring cup. All pieces wipe clean, and the measuring cup doubles as a butter melter if you want. If you melt butter then you'll have to wash the measuring cup, but otherwise it wipes clean as well.

I also got a Crock Pot (Slow Cooker). My fiance gave me the Crock Pot because I have been talking about it, and wanting one for a while now. I am going to make split pea soup tomorrow for dinner, so you may see leftover split pea soup in a bento soon.
It's so exciting. It's going to be so wonderful making easy meals that are filling at ready to eat whenever I come home.
  • 6-quart round slow cooker with white finish
  • Stoneware crock features rinse-clean, stick-resistant coating
  • 3 heat settings: low and high for cooking, warm for serving
  • Glass lid for viewing; crock and lid are dishwasher-safe
  • Measures 10 by 12 inches
  • Recipes Included



1 comment:

  1. So exciting! Go cook more pretty bento-y things and tasty foods! ^_^ ...*twitches at popcorn*

    ReplyDelete