Thursday, January 3, 2013

Chocolate PB2 Banana Ice Cream

This easy recipe is healthier and lower calorie than a traditional ice cream. Plus it's Low Added Sugar, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan!

My mom gave me a Vitamix blender for Christmas! I have been wanting a Vitamix for so long, and I finally have one, so what is the first thing I make? Ice Cream! lol
Also, I have been wanting to try PB2 for a few months now (ever since I heard about this low fat powdered peanut butter) and for Christmas my wife gave me a jar of not only the PB2 but the Chocolate PB2 as well! If you haven't tried this yet I recommend it. I haven't tried mixing it with water to make regular peanut butter yet, but I have used it in a few recipes and it's delicious... including in this recipe...

Chocolate PB2 Banana Ice Cream

What you will need:
  • Frozen Bananas (I used 2 small ones to make one large serving)
  • PB2/Chocolate PB2 (I used 1 Tbsp Chocolate PB2 for 2 small Bananas, but you can add in more to make a stronger flavor)
  • Vitamix (or a high speed blender/food processor)
  • Optional Ice Cubes (I used 4 Ice Cubes to make the portion size larger without adding calories)
Directions:
  1. Cut Bananas into 2 or 3 smaller pieces before putting them into the Vitamix.
  2. Blend on low for a few seconds until bananas become crumbly. 
  3. Add Chocolate PB2 Powder (or regular PB2 if you don't want the chocolate) and blend until smooth and creamy.
  4. If you want to add the Ice Cubes to make a larger portion Add them and blend until fully crushed and mixed with the banana mixture.
  5. Scoop into a bowl or a cone and enjoy.
This is so creamy and delicious, you won't miss the cream, sugar, or egg at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment